Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sweet Little Bench Makeover

Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim
Sometimes my friends want me to make them something and we work out a little trade.
That's exactly how I acquired this bench.
I made 2 small pallet signs for a friend and I got this bench to paint and sell.
So paint it, I did!
The bench started out as a light stained wood color.
I had bought this lime green color called Fancy Farmgirl
(part of the Debi's Design Diary DIY Paint collection)
and I just knew I wanted to pair it with Bohemian Blue (from the same collection).Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I started by painting the bench in a color called Old 57.
It's a beautiful turquoise!

Actually, I should rephrase that last bit.
My kids started by painting it in Old 57!
Nothing beats a little child labor! lol
Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim
{Disclaimer: They happen to beg me to let them help all the time,
so no arm twisting or bribery occurred during the making of this bench!}

I next painted the Fancy Farmgirl lime green on 3 of the back supports
and on the underside of the bench.
Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim
The next step was to add Bohemian Blue.
Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I added it sparingly, so you could still see the brush strokes
and so that some of the Old 57 would peek through.
Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim
I love the color combination together and I'm super glad I chose it for this project.

By the way, if you live in my area,
Debi's Design Diary DIY Paints are available at Caledonia Vintage Marketplace.
Just so happens to be the same place I have my booth :)
Teal Blue and Lime Green Bench Makeover from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover