Monday, February 9, 2015

Hearts, Hearts and More Fabric Hearts!

Drop Cloth Hearts with Faux Stitching from Denise on a Whim
For Valentine's Day this year, as with every holiday really,
I started from scratch on my decorations.
I typically end up selling everything I make for myself after i use it for one year,
much to my daughter's dismay!
She wants me to keep everything I make :)
I decided to make some easy, fabric hearts with things I had on-hand and some hot glue.
The one in the basket, above, was cut from dropcloth.
It's 2 hearts with cotton balls used as stuffing and hot glue to sew them together.
{That'st the extent of my sewing if I can get away with it!}

You may remember this little rusty glass jar from my Junky Snowmen post.
Instead of a scarf, it's now decorated in dropcloth hearts and twine.
Drop Cloth Hearts and Twine on a Vintage Jar from Denise on a Whim
This was a snowman before Christmas, too.
Now it's got a simple white heart cut from a sweater.
Sweater Heart on Scrap Wood from Denise on a Whim
I made this little vintage spool holder some time ago.
For Valentine's Day, I cut 2 hearts, from dropcloth again,
and hot glued some baker's twine on the backs of them.
I used permanent marker to make stitches on the hearts.
One of these, maybe I'll actually pick up a real needle and thread :)
Drop Cloth Hearts on a Vintage Thread Spool Holder from Denise on a Whim
This heart was made from cross stitch fabric.
I used cotton balls in this, too, to make it a little puffy.
It's sitting in front a great old suitcase a friend gave me.
I'll show you what I did with that a little later on.
{hint: it just may be another sign!}
Heart made from Cross Stitch Fabric from Denise on a Whim
And this heart is from some scrap fabric
(I think they started out as napkins).
It's nestled in a pocket I cut from one of my daughter's old jeans.
Fabric ScrapHeart in a Jean Pocket from Denise on a Whim
Finally, don't forget about the felt heart on my Vintage Typewriter.
If you missed that post, please check it out!
Puffy Felt Heart DIY from Denise on a Whim
Making hearts is probably one of the easiest things ever.
At least I didn't get too carried away with them in my house.
Or maybe I did, and I'm just not telling! ;)

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover