Monday, November 17, 2014

Cake Pan Snowman Chalkboard

Repurposed Cake Pan Snowman with a Chalkboard from Denise on a Whim
We're in full-out winter now here in Michigan.
I am not excited.
But it certainly does make it a bit easier to get working on Christmas projects.
Today's project is a new snowman I made from cake pans.

After painting with white chalkpaint, I drilled a piece of scrap wood onto the back (or inside) of each cake pan. I then attached is pan to a taller piece of scrap wood, leaving a little space in between the pans for the snowman's middle.
Repurposed Cake Pan Snowman with a Chalkboard from Denise on a Whim
I'm not exactly sure what this middle piece is from unless it's some sort of catch pan for a broiler.
But it was just the right size to use for a chalkboard.
I painted it with black chalk paint and then drilled it onto the wood backer.
I cut a couple of mittens from an old corduroy blazer and attached them to the chalkboard with hot glue, folding them around the back so it would appear that the snowman is holding onto the chalkboard.
Then I added a rustic burlap scarf.
Repurposed Cake Pan Snowman with a Chalkboard from Denise on a Whim
And, finally, I painted a simple face on him and added some twine for hanging.
Repurposed Cake Pan Snowman with a Chalkboard from Denise on a Whim
I think snowmen are pretty much adorable no matter what they're made from
and this little guy is no exception.
I love him to pieces!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover