Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Make a Wish (wall hook)

Here is another one of the little pretties we debuted with our repurposed shutters the other day.

A cute little pallet board hook for the wall. 
This project was easy as pie (which sometimes isn't really all that easy, depending on the pie. lol)

I found some pallet wood pieces in Eric's scrap bin last week. I picked some that were just about the same length and I glued and nailed them onto a vertical 4th piece of scrap wood on the back.

I love pallet wood because it always has nail or staple holes, gouges and miscellaneous flaws.
It's always so perfectly imperfect!
Once everything had dried, I simply painted on some Annie Sloan Barcelona Orange, then a little Ce Ce Caldwell's Johnston Daffodil and finally some Santa Fe Turquoise. I didn't distress a thing, just painted it quickly, hitting and missing wherever I felt like it. 

I just happened to have a few stencil letters that I cut apart and placed randomly and a little crookedly onto the board. Then used Aubusson Blue for the lettering. 

I used Barcelona Orange again on a double-hook I had lying around in my pieces/parts box. 

Finally I added clear wax to everything, then attached the hook under the lettering (and dabbed some paint on the screw heads too) and a little twine hanger off the back.
This little board matches our new shelf perfectly. 

Can you tell by my color choices lately that I am SO ready for spring? :)

(pssst.... I'm going to tell you more about those cute metal and felt flowers and the little repurposed vases later this week, so be sure to stop back by!)

If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can do that here.
And you can follow me on Pinterest with this link.
To get my new posts at bloglovin', just click this.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Catching up with my Linky Followers. This is so amazing Denise. I love the colors and the finish. I am busy with something similar on a scrap piece of wood. I love the way you did the word alittle crookedly. Thanks for the inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you and thanks for all the nice compliments. Can't wait to see what your project looks like :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover